Persons who have travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days or have any one of the following symptoms without a known cause should stay home and not come to Batter Zone; fever, chills, new cough or worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat or difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell, headaches, unexplained fatigue or muscle aches, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea or abdominal pain, pink eye, purple toes, runny nose or nasal congestion without known cause.
- Daily review of screening questionnaire required before entry to camp.
- Parent/guardian responsibility to check child's temperature at home prior to arrival.
- Unwell children shall not attend camp.
- Daily screening for coaches and facility staff using self-assessment tool.
- Drop off & pick-up will be facilitated outside and parents are not permitted to enter the building.
- Parents must wear masks when dropping off or picking up children.
Management of Illness at Camp
- Any child reporting they are unwell, or observed to be unwell will be immediately separated and evaluated.
- Staff will use discretion with campers when hearing reports of symptoms, especially with younger campers.
- Any person presenting possible COVID symptoms will be picked up by parent and Public Health advised.
- Public Health direction as to procedures regarding return of child, communication to families and facility will be followed.
Mandatory masks or face covering is required at all times at Batter Zone under City of Hamilton By-Law 20-155 and City of Hamilton By-law 20-202. The mask or face covering should cover your nose, mouth and chin, without gapping. Masks may be removed during strenuous activities under current City of Hamilton guidelines although Batter Zone strongly recommends play while wearing masks.
Establishments can determine their own policies in addition to the by-law if they so choose. Batter Zone acknowledges that there are people who cannot use face coverings and so Batter Zone will accommodate these persons if they wear a face shield and always keep a 2m distance from others. Persons not wearing either a mask or face shield will be refused entry and no refund provided.
All persons entering the facility must be recorded with name/number for Health Department contact tracing purposes.
- Class, clinic & camp participants must have current profiles including phone numbers on file.
- League participants must have current profiles including phone numbers on file.
- Weekly contracted group participants (repeating groups) must have current profiles including phone numbers on file and attached to respective group.
- Team rentals (teams sanctioned by Provincial Sporting bodies) are responsible for recording & keeping (min. 4 weeks) attendance and name/number details.
- One-off rental group participants must leave name/number contact details with staff upon entry.
Players and coaches during training sessions and games only. No spectators are permitted.
Campers only (no parents/guardians) permitted in the facility during camp.
Capacity is dictated by COVID stage. During Red Zone the limit is 10 participants and up to 50 participants during Orange Zone. Groups are restricted to 25 participants to allow for entry/exit while prior/post groups are playing. Coaches and staff are not included.
Men's and Women's washrooms are restricted to two persons per washroom at any time.
Hand Washing & Sanitizing
Persons entering Batter Zone must use hand sanitizer upon entry. Hand sanitizer is provided for use between activities and during time in the facility.
- All high touch surfaces will be cleaned/disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- Cleaning timetable will be established and followed, and cleaning logs will be maintained.
- Washrooms will be disinfected after every cohort/group.
- Overnight deep cleaning of the entire facility.
- Bouncers will be assigned to one cohort for the day and sanitized after use.
- Only equipment made of material which can be properly cleaned and disinfected will be used in classes, clinics & camps.
Persons shall enter the facility and follow directional arrows to field of play and out to avoid coming in contact with other users.
Class, clinic & camp equipment is cleaned by staff after each use. Teams must provide their own equipment (balls, cones).
Public vs Private Spaces
Batter Zone front reception area (behind glass screen), offices and washrooms marked "staff only" are for staff only. No other persons may enter the private space.
Batter Zone change rooms and are closed and off limits.
- Coaches and campers will be assigned to cohorts which will be maintained for the duration of the week (campers in the same social bubble will be assigned to the same group where possible).
- Each cohort will be assigned a home area where they will spend the majority of their time.
- Washroom breaks will be staggered to minimize contact with other cohorts.
- Coaches and staff will wear masks at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available and with every cohort at all times.
- Hand washing will be scheduled and encouraged throughout the day.
- Coaches and staff will encourage physical distancing wherever possible throughout the day.